Whatz On @Iziko
- All adults and accompanying children enjoy *HALF-PRICE ENTRY at all Iziko museums during the local school holidays from 30 September to 8 October 2017 (*excl. Castle of Good Hope, Groot Constantia and Planetarium).
- Museum Night V&A Waterfront, in association with Thursdays Projects, returns on Wednesday, 25 October 2017.Enjoy free entry at participating museums at the V&A Waterfront from 17:00 to 22:00 – including the Iziko Maritime Centre; brand new Zeitz MOCAA; Cape Medical Museum; CIRCA Gallery and Springbok Experience Rugby Museum. The Two Oceans Aquarium is half-price on the night.
- Footprints See the world through the lens of Andrew Tshabangu. This exhibition of black-and-white photographic works spanning almost 25 years opened at the ISANG this month.
- Alternative Press– The Work of Derek Bauer An exhibition of cartoons and caricatures of politicians and other prominent figures during 1980s apartheid South Africa.Opened to the public at the ISANG on 22 September 2017.
- Standard Bank Young Artist 2017: in perpetuum Beth Diane ArmstrongA sculptural exhibition centred on contrasting variations of density and looseness. Opens at the ISANG on 26 October 2017.
- Nature’s Best Photography Africa An exhibition of the best African-focused nature photographs, as judged by an expert panel. Opens at the ISAM on 7 November 2017.
- Gathering Strands A retrospective exhibition celebrating four decades of creative production by iconic Cape Town artist, activist and educator, Lionel Davis. Closes at the ISANG on 1 October 2017.
- The African Choir 1891 Re-Imagined Experience this image and sound installation that re-imagines a 19th century performance in Victorian England by The African Choir as a contemporary sonic interpretation. Closes at the ISANG on 13 November 2017.
- Saturday, 7 October 2017 The African Choir 1891 Re-Imagined Discussion by Philip Miller and Thuthuka Sibisi Venue: Iziko South African National Gallery Time: 11:00 Cost: Members R80; non-members R100; students free
- Friday, 13 October 2017 Meet the Artist – Guy Tillim Venue: Stevenson, Buchanan Building, 160 Sir Lowry Road, Woodstock Time: 11:00 Cost: Members R80; non-members R100; students free
- Friday, 13 October 2017Walkabout and Preview of the Strauss October Auction Venue: The Vineyard Hotel, Colinton Road, Newlands Time: 14:00 for 15:00Cost: Members R80; non-members R100
- Saturday, 14 October 2017 Visit to the De Goede Hoop Masonic Lodge a Guided Tour by Kenneth Marcus Venue: Bouquet Street, Cape Town Time: 10:30Cost: Members R120; non-members R140; students R60
- Saturday, 28 October 2017 Walkabout by Standard Bank Young Artist 2017, Beth Diane Armstrong, of her exhibition In Perpetuum Venue: Iziko South African National Gallery Time: 11:00 Cost: Members R80; non-members R100; students free
- Sunday, 29 October 2017 Two-part Lecture Series on the Power of Abstract Art by Marilyn Martin Venue: Iziko South African National Gallery Time: 10:30Cost: Members R80; non-members R100; students R50
- Saturday, 14 October 2017 Walking tour of buildings and sites in central Durbanville Nigel Amschwand will guidethe tour, which starts and ends at Rust-en-Vrede in Wellington Road. Time: 10:00–12:00 Cost: Members R80; non-members R100
- Saturday, 21 October 2017 Visit to the Huguenot Tunnel Tony Murray will lead a trip to the Huguenot tunnel, Du Toit’s Kloof Pass and the Hugo’s river viaduct. Time: 10:00 Cost: Members R250; non-members R280