Iziko Museums of South Africa are African museums of excellence that empower and inspire all people to celebrate and respect our diverse heritage. Iziko is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a diverse workforce.
Position: Graduate Internship at Iziko Museums of South Africa (eight positions available)
Period: 12 months
Stipend: R5000 per month
Qualifications: Diploma or Degree in a field stated below
Experience: Desire to work in museums – in the fields of art, social history, natural history, education, finance, public programmes, human resources, office management, marketing and communication.
Skills: Applicants will be measured against the following competencies:
- computer literate in MS Word and MS Excel
- ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and writing
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- interpersonal skills
- organisational skills
- willingness to learn new skills
- willingness to work flexible hours
- punctual and dependable
Key Duties and Responsibilitiesdepending on your placement:
- assist the curators/educators/co-ordinators/collections staff
- do research and develop content for exhibitions and programmes
- involve in public events and outreach activities
- assist with the development of audio-visual material
- contribute to websites
- administrative responsibilities
- collect and collate statistics
- evaluate and write reports
- oral presentation of project results
Applications must include the following:
- cover letter clearly indicating field of choice
- curriculum vitae of no more than four pages
- certified copy of identity document, not certified longer than 3 months prior to date of application
- certified copy of diploma or degree, not certified longer than 3 months prior to date of application
- persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply, medical proof of disability required
Kindly note, applicants will be given guidance and support to perform the duties listed above.
Applications must be posted to Ms Thandi Nkosana, PO Box 61, Cape Town 8000 or delivered to the Human Resources Department at the Iziko SA National Gallery Annexe, St John’s Road, Cape Town by no later than 12h00 on Friday, 29 June 2018. Applications that are faxed or e-mailed will not be considered. Short-listed applicants will be invited to an interview. Iziko will not communicate with applicants that have not been shortlisted. You are welcome to contact Ms Nkosana (021) 4813982 should you have any queries.