Iziko Museums of South Africa are African museums of excellence that empower and inspire all people to celebrate and respect our diverse heritage.
Iziko is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a diverse workforce.
Iziko does not accept unsolicited CVs. Only applications to advertised positions and or internships, with the relevant reference numbers will be considered.
Vacancies and internships are advertised in the media and online, from time to time, as and when required.
Regularly check the Iziko website and FaceBook page for updates.
PRESIDENTIAL EMPLOYMENT STIMULUS PROGRAMME (PESP) FOR DEPARTMENT OF SPORT, ARTS & CULTURE (DSAC) Public Arts
Programme – Towards a People’s Culture
PROVINCIAL RECRUITMENT OF PUBLIC ARTS PROGRAMME PARTICIPANTS
A 2 months commitment
The Presidency, Department of Sport, Arts and Culture in partnership with Iziko Museums of South Africa with are recruiting young people involved in creative arts sector, to apply for the Public Arts programme for a period of two (2) months. Young people from the fields of digital technologies, photography, videography, public administration, public relations, social media & project management are also encouraged to apply. The programme seeks to popularize national symbols to create national pride about these transformative elements through a dedicated Public Arts programme. The Programme includes art murals, performance public art and multimedia expressions. The Programme will also raise awareness on social ills such as Gender Based Violence and on prevention/combating the COVID-19 pandemic. The beautification of community spaces will be addressed through this Programme, to instil community pride and create a sense of place. These spaces can become sites of attraction for local tourism, contribute to the development of creative cities, towns and places of interest, at locales spanning both rural and urban areas. It is anticipated that the Public Arts Programme will provide skills transfer and employment for visual artists, and those involved in Programme Support services. The programme will provide young people with the opportunity to be active participants in community development and nation-building initiatives of government. The successful applicants will be required to fulfil the following functions, while participating in the programme:
- Implement Public Arts activities, in communities as identified by Implementing Agency and schools.
- Create Public Arts and arts project activities that deal with the themes of National Symbols, GBV and COVID-19 prevention awareness in selected communities.
- Maintain constant attendance of project activities and complete tasks as assigned by the Implementing Agent with commitment.
- Be prepared to work individually and as part of team(s) that implement, coordinate and support Public Arts activities in the community.
- Be able to work under pressure, take own initiative, have good inter-personal skills and understand community structures.
- Report on the project work activities areas they have participated in, acquire skills and support Public Arts activities in the community.
- Compile and create a portfolio of evidence that includes promotion and popularization of National Symbols of South Africa.
- Commit to use this time towards their own personal development and growth.
The following compulsory requirements will be used to select suitable candidates:
- Candidate must have minimum Grade 11
- Candidate must present his/her portfolio of copies of 5 examples of their work in jpeg, and/or on A4 size paper in colour
- Candidate must submit his/her CV and for Support Services, present certified copies of their qualifications
- Candidate must have skills, qualifications and/or experience in creative arts, culture and heritage
- Candidate must be in the category of Out of school youth and not employed
- Candidate must be citizens of South Africa and be young people (i.e. between the ages of 18 and 35 years).
- Candidate must be self-initiators, be pro-active, and have fair facilitation and presentation skills
- Candidate must be able to communicate in English and display good local language proficiency.
- Candidate must have strong community background and be willing to work within nominated communities
NB: Young people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Monthly stipend and Work Orientation Sessions will be provided by the Implementing Agent
Please submit a summarised copy of your Curriculum Vitae (CV), Certified Copies of your qualifications and low resolution images or pdfs copies
of 5 examples your work, via email [maximum 5Mbs large] to email@example.com
Enquiries: call 021 4813982 Attention: Ms. Nomthandazo Nkosana Closing Date: 20 November 2020